Sunday, January 23, 2011

African Night: Holding on to Traditions


Since I have been to MNSU I have gone to African Night. If someone would have told me that I would be president of this organization I would have thought they were lying. Now our biggest event is coming up and I can't wait for it to start.

Holding on to traditions
We always want to have a continuation of last years theme, and this year, Holding on to Traditions was voted in. Simple yet bold, this theme says it all; We are here now, and we still have our African culture and would love to share that. Holding on to traditions also shows how African culture has become "main stream" in those African and non African alike. Jazz is a common example I can think of.  This night will amaze you: We will show off African Culture and talent as well as African dance through many and different ways.


Like last year we will be donating part of the ticket sales to our charity, last year it was only $1, this year its $2, because  we are raising money for two charities.

I am very interested to see the outcome, and by no means am I saying that this is going to be flawless yet. Only hard work and time can tell that.  I must say this however: With all the hard work our coordinators are putting in, I have a good feeling that things will run smoothly. Thank you to those who are helping me out, you know you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your name so i can reply back to you!