Monday, January 24, 2011

African Week!

2:35 am. my day just got done.

I am so excited for african night to arrive! but before that, we have African week! We will be showing movies artwork and dancing in the CSU. ASA will be put on the map this year and everyone will know who we are.

i am so happy! But like mentioned before, It's trying. I just have to keep remembering that it will all pay off. I know that many people want me to fail and I don't strive off of that! I strive off of those who come to EVERY practice, those who performed last year, and are continuing to perform again. Those students who JUST got here this semester and are already heavily involved. I strive off of success, positive energy and happiness. This repels any negativity that could ever come my way.  I strive off of the outcome I know will come! For those of you who want to see us fail I say this: You will be truly sorry. nothing can tear apart a nation or a group. We are stronger then ever this year.

ASA has taught me to have tough skin,  but  it has made me realize who I am. Most importantly,  I know now that not everyone will like me, and most of them will not have a good reason for that. I am goofy, weird, crazy and shy at times. I like to make jokes, I like to make connections, and I like for people to get involved.  Of those many things many feel that they are weaknesses or childlike features. But you know what? you only live once. I'm not going to waist my life or any second of it trying to please a person or two because they don't like how I act and my personality! My friends love who I am, my family loves who I am and that's what matters.
tired! 
With all this said, I cannot wait for African week to come! Monday starts off the event with an art gallery in the CSU ballroom! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your name so i can reply back to you!